Re: Proc*C mixed with OCI (call interface)

From: Phil Nguyen <philn_at_optigfx.optigfx.com>
Date: 28 May 92 17:08:07 GMT

In article <2004_at_iris.mincom.oz.au> hans_at_iris.mincom.oz.au (Hans Plambeck) writes:

>Has anyone tried to mix OCI with any Pro*Language. I am able to do that, but
>
> o Do you call sqllda just once? Or do I have to repeat this call
> under some circumstances?
> o What effect have the Pro* compiler options to my OCI programs.
> o Tips ? ie PL/SQL, version 7,...
>
>Support centre says: "We do not know, try it out and let us know..."
>
>PS: We gonna run on Unix (AIX,SUN,UNISYS,...), VAX/VMS and Prime.
>--
>Hans-J Plambeck Mincom Pty Ltd hans_at_mincom.oz.au +61 (7) 364 9999

Hans,

I've been using OCI with Pro*C for a while on the VAX/VMS and on IBM RS/6000 using AIX. I just call sqllda once in the Pro*C file. All of my OCI routines are in separate libraries or object files. With this method, I can use my OCI routines in SQL*Forms user-exits.

I don't think the Pro* compiler options have any effect on your OCI routines if you compile the OCI files separately.

Phil Received on Thu May 28 1992 - 19:08:07 CEST

Original text of this message