Oracle/Ingres/Sybase/Progress information wanted

From: Feisal Y Daruwalla <daruwall_at_enuxha.eas.asu.edu>
Date: 21 May 92 21:57:02 GMT

I am intersested in learning the pros and cons about the following commercial databases

		ORACLE
		SYBASE
		INGRES

with respect to cost, performance, hardware/software requirements, fault tolerance, support for client/server architecture, transaction processing, etc.. We are interseted in buying one of these products and I am in charge of doing the cost/benifit analysis.

Any help regarding this will be appreciated. Please e-mail your responses to daruwall_at_enuxha.eas.asu.edu .

Thanks

P.S. We also want to know about PROGRESS , a DBMS for PCs.

                                                    Feisal Y Daruwalla
                                                 Artificial Intelligence Lab.