Re: PL/SQL substitution question

From: edmund.knowles <eknowles_at_cbnewsm.cb.att.com>
Date: 6 May 92 14:48:32 GMT

In article <167DA7F63.M21444_at_mwvm.mitre.org> M21444_at_mwvm.mitre.org writes:

>I'm having a really annoying (and dumb) problem -- I'm writing a pro-C
>program and need to insert decimal values (float) into a table through a
>host variable. Sounds simple, but when I do this, my program bombs.
>
>The weird thing is, I bomb with a segmentation fault, NOT an ORACLE error.
>Just thought I'd see if anybody else has had a problem like this...I'm
>running on a SunOS 4.1 on a Sun 490, with ORACLE V6.0.
>
>Thanks in advance!
>Chris Wechter, MITRE
>cwechter_at_mitre.org

I had this problem about a year ago.

In your makefile make sure you are using the System V libraries.

ex. Cflags = -g -L/usr/5lib
make will default to /usr/lib(which is /usr/ucblib) if this is not explicitly expressed.
 This is documented in the Tech. Ref. manual.     Received on Wed May 06 1992 - 16:48:32 CEST

Original text of this message