SQL LOADER & PACKED DECIMALS

From: Henry Ford <ccshf_at_gdr.bath.ac.uk>
Date: 27 Apr 92 13:16:04 GMT

We are failing to load packed decimal data using sqlloader control file section :
into table ifsq

(pointer position(01:06) integer external,
year     position(07:08) integer external,
ind1     position(09:09) char,
value1   position(13:16) decimal(6),
ind2     position(17:17) char,
value2   position(21:24) decimal(6),
ind3     position(25:25) char,
value3   position(29:32) decimal(6),
ind4     position(33:33) char,
value4   position(37:40) decimal(6))

With this control file only some of the values are loaded - value one and value3. Removing ind4 and value4 from the control file, causes value1 value2 and value3 to be loaded. Those values that are loaded are loaded correctly, and the log file comes up with no errors.

Different combinations of ind and value give different results, but NONE have successfully loaded all four values.

Now, one possible cause of the trouble is that we are running ORACLE on a ICL VME (please, no flames, no sympathy!)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Henry Ford, Elizabeth Bailey. Received on Mon Apr 27 1992 - 15:16:04 CEST

Original text of this message