How to avoid appending matching records ?

From: Larry Cipriani <lvc_at_cbnews.cb.att.com>
Date: 16 Apr 92 01:17:59 GMT

I have two tables A and B which share a common schema. In that schema I have 60 fields, f1, f2, ... f60.

Basically, I want to append A - B to A, but I want the difference to operate only on two fields f1, and f2. From what I can tell, 'MINUS' operates on entire records.

Or ...

If I have a unique index i_a on fields f1 and f2 of A and then insert all of B into A the whole insert will fail if there is one record from B that matches an indexed record in A. Is there a way to make sqlplus keep going and ignore the duplicate indexes errors ? That is, inserts on other records should succeed but the duplicates should be thrown away ?

Thanks,

--
Larry Cipriani, att!cbvox1!lvc or lvc_at_cbvox1.att.com
"Be wary of strong drink.  It can make you shoot