Oracle Novell NLM and/or Mac Users

From: Steve Cook <cook_at_bluemoon.ucsb.edu>
Date: 4 Apr 92 19:21:54 GMT

I'm interested in discussing implementation and use of oracle on the macintosh and/Novell netware server NLM platforms with others.

If you have/are implementing oracle on these platform, in client or server mode, I would like to hear what you are doing. It seems that there is considerable discussion here of Oracle on the unix server platform, but for those of us that are trying to implement it on other platforms, I think the issues may be interesting to discuss with each other. I know that my emphasis is in harvesting data from different on-line transaction processing systems into longitudinal databases and making that data available to users for analysis with sophisticated client data extraction and analysis tools. Also, I'm not interested, at this time, in developing an OLTPS with oracle as the dynamic database engine. Likewise, I'm not interested in developing tools for the users to harvest data with, I'm just supplying 3rd party tools currently available on the market to meet the users needs for quick and easy data retrevial and analysis.

Comments are welcome.

Thanks

Steve Cook
UC Santa Barbara
cook_at_bluemoon.ucsb.edu Received on Sat Apr 04 1992 - 21:21:54 CEST

Original text of this message