Oracle-DB2 interface

From: Logica P/L <richardp_at_extro.ucc.su.OZ.AU>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1992 06:06:02 GMT

 We are specifying requirements and off-the-shelf software for a system for  a client of ours. We plan to use DB/2 as the main database, but to use  Oracle on UNIX as an SQL switch and as a 'shadow' to improve  availability.

 That means that when a mainframe application updates DB/2, we need to  'trickle' the update through to the Oracle box. In an ideal world,  Oracle would read DB/2 transaction logs. Is that possible? If not, what  would be the best thing to submit to Oracle?

 Please mail and/or post any experience in this type of problem.

 Thank You
 Richard.

Richard Pittman           /\                 Level 6, 157 Walker Street
Logica Pty. Limited      /  \      /\        North Sydney 2060, Australia
Voice: +61 2 957 1700         \  /    \/     Email: richardp_at_extro.ucc.su.OZ.AU
Fax:   +61 2 922 7466          \/