Re: Blobs in Oracle ?

From: Philip Hall 283-4031 <hall_at_orion.NoSubdomain.NoDomain>
Date: 25 Mar 1992 15:48:52 GMT

In article <1992Mar22.031916.15799_at_cs.umb.edu>, pytlik_at_ra.cs.umb.edu (Marek Pytlik) writes:
|> I recall from one of the Oracle courses their recommendation to store
|> pathnames to binary files instead of loading them as raw.
|> --
|> Marek
 The problem with this approach is that you lose all of the access management and auditing capabilities provided by the DBMS.

The answer to the original question is: Yes, Oracle supports blobs up to 64K. Storage of larger objects requires segmenting them into 64K pieces and then putting them back together on retrieval.

PH Received on Wed Mar 25 1992 - 16:48:52 CET

Original text of this message