Re: SQL*Forms problem with : SYSTEM. variable

From: Gv Fragante <fragante_at_unixg.ubc.ca>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1992 23:35:06 GMT

Thanks for the suggestion. Actually, I found out that it *wasn't* the length of the :SYSTEM.LAST_QUERY variable that caused the abend, BUT the occurence of a form field in the query.

For example, if I specify a default WHERE/ORDER BY clause in a detail block that contains reference to a field in the master block, the query will execute without problems, but the moment :SYSTEM.LAST_QUERY is referenced it bombs. I tested this by INSERTING the value of :SYSTEM.LAST_QUERY in a column defined as LONG in a test table. Looking at that column showed that the query text became garbage at the point where it should be contained the value of the form field. When I replaced the form field name with an actual table field name, this problem did not recur.

Strange, eh ? Received on Wed Mar 25 1992 - 00:35:06 CET

Original text of this message