SURVEY:Please read, for scholastic purposes.

From: Bob Gajarsky <gajarsky_at_pilot.njin.net>
Date: 20 Mar 92 02:23:23 GMT

        Please note this message is being crossposted to a large number of groups. I am sorry for any inconvenience, but there are members of many newsgroups that I wish to reach , and this is the only way that I can accomplish this. Thank you for your understanding.

        My name is Bob Gajarsky. I am a graduate level management student, and am conducting a survey for one of my classes. It would greatly help my studies if you could take a few minutes and complete the following survey. All results will be kept completely confidential, and your e-mail addresses will not be seen by anyone but me.

        Also, I am only looking for complete surveys from people who are actually out in the workplace as computer programmers, as opposed to those (like me) who are students. Additionally, I would request that only people who work in the United States reply to this. Thank you in advance for your responses.

  • BEGINNING OF SURVEY -----------------------------
What city is your place of work?	-
(OPTIONAL) What company do you work at?	-

How many years of programming experience do you have?

How many years of post-high school education have you had?

How many computer languages do you know?

        If you program in any of the following languages, please check it:

	Ada		APL		Cobol
	C		C++		Fortran
	Lisp		Pascal

How many software packages do you know how to use (ie. Lotus, MS-Works, etc.)

	1-2		3-5		6-8
	9-10		over 10

Do you know any databases? (Y/N)
	If so, which ones?

On the average, how many hours does it take you to learn a application (ie.
	Word Processor, Graphics Package, etc.)?

How do you prefer to learn new applications?  More than one may be checked:
	Tutorials
	Videos
	Self-Instruction
	Other  _________________________

Do you personally have a VCR? (Y/N)

Does your workplace have a VCR? (Y/N)

Have you ever used a video to learn an application before? (Y/N)

	If so, how would you rate it?
	(10 is an excellent experience, 1 is an awful experience)
	Based on your past experiences, would you be receptive to learning
		another application via video?

(10 is very receptive; 1 is not receptive at all)
If not, how receptive would you be to learning a application via video?
(10 is very receptive; 1 is not receptive at all)
How many hours of video would you be able to successfully watch for a specific application? How much would you or your company pay for the following: A) A 15 hour video that teaches how to generally work with databases, program in them, and utilize them. (Between 40$ and 150$) B) A 3 hour video that teaches a specific database, (Oracle, etc.)
(Between 15$ and 75$).
C) A packaged of both (A) and (B).
(Between 50$ and 225$).
Which systems do you have a familiarity with? VAX/VMS UNIX Macintosh IBM Compatible Other ------------------- END OF SURVEY ---------------------------------

Thanks! - Bob Gajarsky Received on Fri Mar 20 1992 - 03:23:23 CET

Original text of this message