ENCRIPTION OF ORACLE DATA

From: <seaman_at_vax.sonoma.edu>
Date: 17 Mar 92 10:10:44 -0800

I am looking for a "creative" solution to the following problem. We have an user application which has a table REQAPPROVAL. This table has a username and PIN for selected oracle users. This table is used to lookup/validate a user's pin # based on his/her userid and other inforatmion. This PIN number should not be available (SEEN) by anyone. This file should be SECURED from any "prying" eyes since it is used for ELECTRONOIC signature verification. We have SQL*FORMS 3.0 and hypercard front-ends that need to validate this pin #. Does anyone have an idea of how to "hide" this information. I know that Oracle does this with it's passwords. Does any one have any suggestions as to how I might go about encripting/decripting the PIN number at the time of insertion and validation? Any help would be most appreciated.
--Lou Ann Seaman
SONOMA.EDU Received on Tue Mar 17 1992 - 19:10:44 CET

Original text of this message