Question: SQL*Forms 3.0, User Exit, returning data to multi-record block field

From: Jeff Reynolds <reynolds_at_sun44.synercom.hounix.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1992 14:37:00 GMT

I am attempting to find out if the following can be done:

Environment:

  Operating System:  SunOS
  RDBMS Kernal    :  6.0.30.3.0
  SQL*Forms v3.0  :  3.0.15
  PL/SQL          :  1.0.31

A form, which is called in query-only mode, needs to display an unknown number of items, formatted four to a line, in a multi-record block. The items to be displayed are derived in a USER EXIT (they do not represent database table information). Ideally, I would like the USER EXIT to format my lines of text and place these lines, one at a time, into the multi-record block in the form. The only techniques I am aware of for putting data into form fields are for single record blocks. Any ideas? (I am considering the idea of using a dummy table, performing INSERT operations into this table from the USER EXIT, returning to the form and executing a query against the table, and then rolling back my changes prior to leaving the form. If I can get around having to use the dummy table, I'd prefer that.)

Any help is appreciated!

                                                ...jeff Received on Wed Mar 11 1992 - 15:37:00 CET

Original text of this message