ORACLE & Open/Image NetWare

From: Imaging Club <IMAGING.CLUB_at_OFFICE.WANG.COM>
Date: 09 Mar 92 12:18:15 EST

  • Reply ------------------------------------- CC: Imaging Club From: Michael Willett Subject: ORACLE / Open Image Int. Date Sent: 03/09/92
    • Original Memo -------------------------------- To: Michael Willett From: MR.OZA Subject: ORACLE / Open Image Int. Date Sent: 03/07/92

We have successfully integrated ORACLE FOR NETWARE with OPEN IMAGE FOR NETWARE. An ORACLE user can now scan/display/print Images by a depressing function key from his Database screen. Thus, user could retrieve the required Database record, Display Images and return to ORACLE FORM screen seamlessly.

The integration was achieved as follows:

  1. SQL FORMS were loaded for DB Maintenance.
  2. A "Host Program" was called from FORMS. With it, WINDOWS was loaded. The code was (WIN PGNAME D1). Where WIN = Loaded WINDOWS 3.0. PGNAME = Microsoft C Program Name. Program used SDK. This program called Open Image APIs. D1 = Image Document ID passed from FORMS to PGNAME.
  3. PGNAME used an Exit command to return to FORMS, bypassing WINDOWS Program Manager.
  4. After executing Host Program, FORM was "Redrawn".

The integration was seamless. We have done Scanning, Indexing, Retrieval and Printing.

For more information, contact Tel. 973-700777, Fax 973-701211

Regards - Oza, WANG Distributors, Bahrain, Middle East Received on Mon Mar 09 1992 - 18:18:15 CET

Original text of this message