Re: "Real-Time" Database

From: Lisa Hoffman <hoffman_at_eksignal.kodak.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 92 21:47:28 GMT

This is my first posting, so please bear with me!

The group I work for produces a real-time scanning system. We are currently investigating alternatives for what we are terming a "real-time" database.

What we want to do is send the data generated by our system via ethernet to some database system on a "real-time" basis. Not entirely sure how fast it has to be. It has to have report generating capabilities, graphical capabilities, possibly multitasking capabilities.

This is still in the totally undefined stage and I am simply looking for some suggestions, pointers etc. for possible operating systems, database systems, books(?), and any personal experiences which could be relevant and helpful.

Please email any responses to: hoffman_at_eksignal.kodak.com

Thanks!!!!! Received on Fri Mar 06 1992 - 22:47:28 CET

Original text of this message