Can Oracle co-exist with anything on a 5500?

From: Kevin Pollard <kevin_at_loki.une.edu.au>
Date: 5 Mar 92 23:37:36 GMT

We've got a DecSystem 5500 running Ultrix 4.2. Currently it has an Oracle system (only about 6 users, not likely to expand much).

We're considering putting another database system on the same machine, the new database will have up to 20 users. At this stage we're considering products like Ingres, Powerhouse and a few others, with some 4GL.

The question is does anyone know if any other database can co-exist with Oracle, or in other words is there any database that cannot co-exist with Oracle?

Any relevant advice on this welcome.

--
Kevin Pollard			Internet:	kevin_at_loki.une.edu.au
Programmer/Analyst		Phone:		+61 (066) 203969