Oracle on A/UX problem

From: Devin N Asay <dasay_at_magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1992 14:20:06 GMT

We are developing a networked database using Oracle 6.0 running on an Apple A/UX (Mac IIci) platform over a mixed EtherNet and LocalTalk network. The user interface is being developed in HyperCard, which is talking to the A/UX server via SQL*NET. We are using MacTCP 1.1. We have been experiencing a very annoying problem in which the workstation tends to lock up when sending a query to the Oracle server, seemingly at random. The only ways to recover are -1- to hit the programmer's restart button on the mac workstation, or -2- to telnet into the A/UX server and kill the process being run, releasing the workstation and allowing a normal shutdown.

Is there anyone with experience/expertise in this particular setup (A/UX, Oracle, SQL*NET, Hyper*SQL) who has an idea on what may be going on? Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Devin Asay
Instructional Technology
Center for Teaching Excellence
Ohio State University Received on Wed Mar 04 1992 - 15:20:06 CET

Original text of this message