PL/SQL program size limit

From: Lay Tan <ltan_at_cnw01.storesys.coles.oz.au>
Date: 2 Mar 92 05:57:37 GMT

Hello,

My developers are encountering a problem with PL/SQL. It seems that there is a PL/SQL program size limit. For eg. one of the users was trying to compile a PL/SQL script (e.g approx 43Kb in size) and the following message appeared:-

PL/SQL error - program too large.

A similar message was also given when compiled via SQL*Forms for another user.

However, for both users, as soon as they cut down on their coding, eg. in the first user's case down to 41Kb in size, it compiled okay. Is there any thing we can do to resolve this problem or is there a guide to the actual limit on the size of a PL/SQL program? We are running RDBMS V6.0.31.0.3 tpo with PL/SQL V1.0.32.3.1 production on an NCR3000 platform.

Thanks in advance,

TLC Received on Mon Mar 02 1992 - 06:57:37 CET

Original text of this message