Re: oracle training

From: Frank Peters <fwp_at_Jester.CC.MsState.Edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1992 03:03:03 GMT

In article <bob.699121182_at_hcfmail> bob_at_hcfmail.ucsb.edu (Bob Garcia) says:
> has anyone gone to any of the Oracle sponsered training classes?
> I am looking at the Architecture & Administration class. If you have
> any experiences, both good and bad, I would be enterested in hearing
> about them. I am particulary interested in the quality and content of the
> training.

A took this class in Dallas in January and was very pleased. They did an excellent job of covering important architectural details (block structure, block allocation, integrity assurance methods and the like) as well as administrative methods (what to look for in the monitor screens to detect various bottlenecks, recovery in a wide variety of scenarios and so on).

I very much recommend it.

--Fwp

P.S. I also recommend the Dallas office. Nice facilities, a friendly

      staff and a wonderful sculpture in the courtyard out front.

--
Frank Peters   Internet:  fwp_at_CC.MsState.Edu          Bitnet:  Fwp_at_MsState
               Phone:     (601)325-7030               FAX:     (601)325-8921