Re: Graphics in Oracle???

From: Philip Hall 283-4031 <hall_at_orion.jsc.nasa.gov>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1992 23:30:24 GMT

In article <colliera.9_at_vaxb.gbus.virginia.edu>, colliera_at_vaxb.gbus.virginia.edu (Andy Collier) writes:
|> I am currently building a database using Oracle on an Unix platform. Does
|> anyone know if it is possible to include graphics? Any help is
|> appreciated.
|>
|> Thanks,
|> Andy

It is possible to include graphics or any other type of data in a long field. These fields are currently limited to 64K but it is fairly easy to store larger objects in 64K "chunks" and then paste them back together when they are retrieved.

Philip Hall Received on Wed Feb 26 1992 - 00:30:24 CET

Original text of this message