Oracle in a Novell network

From: Gv Fragante <fragante_at_unixg.ubc.ca>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1992 22:12:52 GMT

What Oracle products do I need to use Oracle as a multi-user DBMS in a Novell network ? Our initial network configuration will consist of a 386/40 with a large capacity disk as the file server and a 386/33 as a node connected to the server.

My initial impression was that Oracle (Tools and Database package V6.0) can be installed in the server. I thought the RDBMS already has the necessary functionality to handle multi-user processing transparently.

Now I am told I need OracleServer for Novell and/or SQL*Net to make Oracle work as a multi-user DBMS in a Novell network. Is this correct ?

Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

GV Fragante
fragante_at_unixg.ubc.ca Received on Thu Feb 20 1992 - 23:12:52 CET

Original text of this message