SQL*NET and PC/NFS?

From: Mr. David Shoat <shoat_at_dcs.glasgow.ac.uk>
Date: 10 Feb 92 14:53:13 GMT

Does anyone know if SQL*NET will work on a PC using the Sun PC-NFS TCP/IP interface? In the documentation I have, it's not supported. Also, is it possible to bypass SQL*NET altogether and just write client code to send queries to a remote server? This would require access to the SQL*NET protocol specs. I think there was a request on the net recently about this but I didn't notice any followup.

I'd be interested in hearing any relevant information on this sort of thing.

I'll post a summary of any e-mailed replies if there's sufficient (any!) interest.

David Shoat
Department of Medical Cardiology
Glasgow Royal Infirmary

shoat_at_cardio.glasgow.ac.uk Received on Mon Feb 10 1992 - 15:53:13 CET

Original text of this message