Help Pro*C SQLDA example wanted!

From: P. I. Arasu <aras_at_ms.uky.edu>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 1992 06:21:32 GMT

Hi folks!
I need some help with my project and I hope someone can help. I am writing an application program in Pro*C to access an ORACLE database. This is a server. The client may be remotely located and all my SQL queries are dyanamically defined ie. the queries cannot be hardcoded.

I have no problems updating, deleting or inserting new tuples. However for SELECT queries I need to use the SQLDA in order to be able to send the data back to the client.

The example given in my manual (Prime ORACLE Pro*C User's guide) for dyanamic queries is confusing. I would appreciate any example Pro*C application that involves dyanamic queries and that would make it easier to understand the use of SQLDA.

Thanks in advance!
p.i.arasu

ps: please reply to: aras_at_ms.uky.edu