Internationalized Oracle Applications

From: Brandon Guest <bguest_at_ateam.ems.cdc.com>
Date: 31 Jan 92 13:27:15 GMT

I am presently working on a project which requires the use of Oracle and some of its companion products such as Oracle Forms. As part of this project, I have a requirement which calls for National Language Support (e.g. we must provide for multiple 'locales'- different date/time formats, character sets code pages, etc.). I am looking for any insight others may have developed in similar developments. As an example, if one is using Oracle Forms for their data input, what techniques are available for moving those forms from one language to another? Are there other tools available which allow for both easy creation of the data maintenance screens _and_ their translation to other languages and 'locales'?

Please respond by email. I will summarize and post if there is enough interest.

Brandon

--
H. Brandon Guest                | bguest_at_ems.cdc.com
Empros Systems International    | (A division of Control Data Corp)