Macintosh client and SPX/IPX

From: <meggers_at_darwin.helios.nd.edu>
Date: 31 Jan 92 21:11:01 GMT

Someone in our organization indicated that SQL*Net client for the Macintosh can run on top of SPX/IP to an OS/2 server. I was under the impression that the Macintosh would only speak AppleTalk or TCP/IP, and that to use an OS/2 server, TCP/IP would be the preferred protocol.

Would someone on the net clear this up for me? Running IPX/SPX on a Macintosh would be a first . . . . .

please post your response, since my email account is not particularly stable.

Thanks - /mde/

Mark Eggers, WDI Received on Fri Jan 31 1992 - 22:11:01 CET

Original text of this message