SQL*Menu 5.0 & SQL*Forms 3.0 Integration

From: Peggy Brown <oispeggy_at_ubvmsc.cc.buffalo.edu>
Date: 31 Jan 92 18:59:00 GMT

I have an SQL*Menu 5.0 menu that calls an SQL*Forms 3.0 form. This form is defined as a "pop-up" page, so that another Menu 5.0 menu can be displayed in the top few lines of the form.

The problem is, it seems that I must press the F14 (BLOCK MENU) key when I want the cursor to move from the form to the menu at the top of the form.

I tried using post-change, and post-field triggers to make the cursor go to the menu, but this is illegal and doesn't work.

All I want to do is move from the form to the menu without having to hit the F14 (BLOCK MENU) function key. It can't be that hard to do, but I'm not having any luck.

Does anyone know how to do this?

The reason why I am trying to do this is because our users are scattered around the City of Buffalo in 8 different hospitals. We do not yet have a network, so they must all dial in with modem and TC package. Three different TC packages are used and each changes the keyboard mapping in different ways, and those with direct connections have another keyboard mapping, so there are 4 different keyboard mappings to deal with. Obviously, I try to avoid using function keys, so that I don't have to figure out what key it is in 4 different keyboard mappings. The current application in forms 2.3 uses 3 function keys, but in the next version of the system (I'm just started converting), in menu 5.0 and forms 3.0, I do not want ANY function keys.

Now, if I can only figure out how to go from the form to the menu at the top of the page, without hitting F14, my hardest problem will be solved.

  • Peggy - oispeggy_at_ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu

PS: I am new to forms 3.0 and menu 5.0, so I apologize in advance, if

     the solution to my problem is obvious, and I hope it is. Received on Fri Jan 31 1992 - 19:59:00 CET

Original text of this message