Re: oracle developers' alliance

From: Peter Russell <peterr_at_syacus.acus.oz.au>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1992 08:10:25 GMT

johnk_at_jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu (John J Kuszewski) writes:

>Also, are there any Oracle GUIs that'll allow one to develop identical code
>for Windows and Macintoys besides Oracle Card? What do people think
>of Oracle card, anyway?

Bloody expensive on a per workstation basis. The Oracle list price here is $699 ozzie. A monster compared to the US price of $299. Even after vendor discounts we are not encouraged. Luckily for us we have other options avaliable internally from Unisys, although I think Cards is a good way to go if you like the Spinaker or Toolbook environment.

peterr

Peter Russell
peterr_at_syacus.acus.oz
ACUS - The Australian Centre for Unisys Software +61 2 390 1383 Received on Mon Jan 20 1992 - 09:10:25 CET

Original text of this message