Installing Forms Reports Builder 11g

From: S R <sr_ng_at_duz.not.exist.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 14:56:08 +0000

[Quoted] I have been through the painful process of installing 11g Forms.

Part of the problem is that there is no single step by step guide, and you end up having to jump from one guide to another, and the instructions don't always tie up between them.

I installed this beast on a Windows 2003 VMWare virtual machine which I allocated 4GB RAM and 24 Gb disk space. The host is a Intel i5 6GB Windows 7 desktop. I wanted to build a VM which had the whole thing in a box for proof of concept and demo purposes. The good about building this on a VM is because the install is so convoluted you are bound to mess up somewhere and the ability to snapshot back and forth is price.

I would not recommend to anyone installing this on their desktop without trying it out on a VM.

Anyway, having installed it and got the test forms and reports working, the question is do to do with developers machines? Do they all need Wb Logic Server and Portal and SSO to be able to run forms and reports builder? Even at 4Gb the machine struggles. What is the least resource hungry way of installing a 11g Forms/Reports builder setup on Windows? Received on Fri Dec 10 2010 - 15:56:08 CET

Original text of this message