Re: RMAN Backup

From: onedbguru <onedbguru_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 16:31:56 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 12, 12:20 pm, The Magnet <a..._at_unsu.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I came across an interesting thing.  We use a Level 0 backup on
> Sundays and a Level 1 cumulative during the week.  However, one of the
> datafiles were autoextended and we tested a restore and it asked for a
> previous backup file.   Without the autoextend it only required the
> most recent level 1.
>
> So, is this a bug?  If there has been a datafile change do you need
> all backup files?  I've seen some references to this but wanted to
> confirm.
>
> Thanks!

What version x.?.?.?
can you elaborate on which "previous" backup file it was looking for? How did you do the restore? level-0+ <what????>

If you were to use ASM you would not have this problem AND your performance could be much better as well... Received on Fri Nov 19 2010 - 01:31:56 CET

Original text of this message