SAS Administrator----Richmond, VA ----jobid G2071
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 11:59:38 -0700 (PDT)
Job Title: SAS Administrator
Duration: 6-12+ months
Location: Richmond, VA
Required skills are SAS, Metadata etc..
Comments from the Manager: Looking for a SAS Administrator. Someone who has hands on experience with the installation of SAS software. Should be well skilled in setting up and administering SAS Metadata servers. Should be able to manage the SAS infrastructure / planning & designing.
The SAS Administrator will be a member of Enterprise SAS Platform team responsible for providing SAS technical support to end users and implementing new SAS technical solutions. This position requires working with a diverse team and a multiple technologies. This position also offers the opportunity to work with both IT and various Lines of Business users to ensure that the SAS servers as well as security infrastructure systems and processes are aligned with tactical and strategic information management initiatives. Strong analytical, communication, technical teamwork and interpersonal skills are mandatory.
* Work on various IT and business projects to meet SAS needs of the
* Provide SAS administration technical support for issues reported to
SAS platform team.
* Own and drive the SAS product patching and release upgrade
* Provide testing support for SAS products during deployment, upgrade
and any changes to SAS products and/or during other enterprise activities that impact SAS infrastructure.
* Manage and track SAS products inventory and license updates for SAS
servers and end user desktops.
* Develop processes to increase efficiency of SAS Platform.
- Establish best practices for administering the Enterprise SAS environment.
• 3 years or more years of experience with SAS product Suite 9x, including Enterprise Guide, PC SAS, SAS STAT, SAS GRAPH, SAS CONNECT, SAS ACCESS products, Platform LSF, etc.
• Experience in building SAS Metadata Server and setting up Metadata Repository.
• Strong knowledge of HP-UX & Windows Operating systems and Wintel and HP Superdome System.
• Platform administration with SAS Management Console and administration of SAS client applications • Knowledge of SAS architecture and operational workings • Ability to research and recommend technical designs and architectures to support requirements
• Packaging, deploying and configuring SAS environments per recommend architecture
• Strong troubleshooting skills, SAS programming experience, SAS Macro and PROC statements
• Familiarity with the DBMS (teradata, Oracle, DB2, etc.), MVS systems.
Please send your updated Resume to jobs_at_mapleresource.net Received on Tue Sep 21 2010 - 20:59:38 CEST