Re: TOAD vs. SQL Developer vs. what / Using TOAD 7.x against Oracle 10g server and an 11g client

From: <>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 03:20:01 -0700 (PDT)

[Quoted] [Quoted] On May 29, 12:53 pm, "Gerard H. Pille" <> wrote:
> Tora is free and open.  Give version 2 a try.

[Quoted] Hi Gerald. Thanks for the recommendation, but I don't see a graphical query builder for Tora via:

Am I missing something? This is the one feature my colleagues rely on most heavily and would rather not live without; especially for those who aren't as strong in SQL.

Me, I'm often fine with SQL*PLUS. Others are not.

And can you comment on Tora's schema / object comparison functionality? I need something that will enable me to compare any named schema on any server to any other schema (could be a differently named one) on a different server--all without having the u/n and p/w of both schemas. TOAD can do this. SQL Developer cannot. That would be the biggest feature I miss from TOAD.

Dana Received on Tue Jun 02 2009 - 12:20:01 CEST

Original text of this message