Re: Forms V4.5 and FFI question

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 12 May 2009 15:34:41 -0700

allan.speir_at_googlemail.com wrote:
: All,

: We have a C program that performs some file operations. I have the
: source code and can change it and compile it into a dll. The problem
: is that Forms doesn't seem to find it and keeps picking up the old
: one. I put the dll in the same directory as the fmx files but no joy.
: Is there a way I can tell where Forms looks for it and even how I can
: specifically force it to use and load a specific file?

: Where does ora_ffi.find_library and ora_ffi.load_library look?

Where is the old .dll? Presumably you owould put the new one in the same directory as the old one (i.e. replace it).

In general on Windows, dll's are found in the PATH, same as an .exe.

I have no idea if the oracle interface does anything to override that.

$0.10 Received on Wed May 13 2009 - 00:34:41 CEST

Original text of this message