Re: SQL-plus

From: ddf <oratune_at_msn.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 11:29:56 -0800 (PST)

[Quoted] > >http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96531/ch2_9i...

> > and here for 10g enhancements:
>

> >http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14214/chapte...
>

> > You should also peruse "Cost-Based Oracle Fundamentals", by Jonathan
> > Lewis, to understand the changes in the optimizer which can affect
> > you.
>

> >> If I am just writing SQL statements does it really matter what version I
> >> use?
>

> > It can, depending upon what you're doing.  New syntax, such as the
> > WITH clause (for subquery factoring), may provide improved performance
> > over in-line views.
>

> Is that non-standard SQL then?
>

> >> Is there any added functionality that would change the actual SQL
> >> statements?
>

> > Yes, as noted above.  Check the documentation for other query
[Quoted] > > enhancements provided by a specific release.

[Quoted] [Quoted] > > David Fitzjarrell- Hide quoted text -

'Non-standard SQL'?

David Fitzjarrell Received on Mon Mar 02 2009 - 20:29:56 CET

Original text of this message