Re: OCILogon using Secure External Password Store parameters

From: Michael Austin <maustin_at_firstdbasource.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 19:37:05 -0600

Warren Van Wyck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had already read the first link in depth -- it does not show how to
> code a OCI logon. I had also googled it, checked Oracle forums and have
> not seen the proper parameter list. Pro*C SQL CONNECT works OK, but I'm
> working for specific advice for OCI. SEPS is set up properly since
> SQLPLUS and PRO*C work with it.
>
> -- Warren
>

> Michael Austin wrote:

>> Warren Van Wyck wrote:
>>> I'm using Oracle 10g Release 2 on IBM AIX.
>>>
>>> sqlplus /_at_PPRD works fine with Secure External Password Store where
>>> PPRD is a TNS Alias
>>>
>>> It's not working for my OCI program.
>>>
>>> Code for OCI
>>>
>>> rc = OCILogon(p_env, p_err, &p_svc, "/_at_PPRD", 6, "", 0, "", 0);
>>>
>>> yields
>>>
>>> Logon Error - ORA-01005: null password given; logon denied
>>>
>>> Various other combinations also fail.
>>

>> various docs and examples abound ...
>>
>> http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/10g/SecureExternalPasswordStore_10gR2.php
>>

>> and
>> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=oci+secure+external+password+store&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=

Question.. is the OCI connection being called from the same "server" or is it a remote app server?

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/appdev.102/b14250/oci08sca.htm

and

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/network.102/b14266/toc.htm *specifically chapter 9: and subsection "Configuring Clients to use the External Password Store". Received on Sun Feb 22 2009 - 02:37:05 CET

Original text of this message