Re: Oracle10 e PHP

From: Álvaro G. Vicario <>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 10:22:08 +0100

Daniele escribió:
> I have a Oracle 10g Database Server on Suse Linux.
> I want to read records with a PHP script on a Linux Red Hat 9 Server (with
> Apache 2, PHP 5, and OCI8 functions).
> But SELECTs of text records that contains non-standard chars return an emtpy
> string.
> For non-standard chars I mean quotes or apostrophes like these: ' " "
> instead of: ' "
> What do I have do set in my web server?

Quotes are quite standard... Are you dumping the results into HTML without proper escaping?

If you actually meant non-English characters, find the "The Underground PHP and Oracle® Manual" manual and check chapter 15 (Globalization). You basically need to set an env variable in your Red Hat server.

-- - Álvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain
-- Mi sitio sobre programación web:
-- Mi web de humor al baño María: