Re: Q: 10GR2 icons imageBase=DocumentBase

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 22 Jan 2009 19:10:26 -0700

Shakespeare (whatsin_at_xs4all.nl) wrote:
: Frank van Bortel schreef:
: > Malcolm Dew-Jones wrote:
: >
: >>
: >> I gave up, I moved the icons into a jar file and said
: >> imageBase=CodeBase. Now the icons work, no other changes.
: > Fine. Remains a mystery, then, but hey, that's life...

: A mystery called "documentation".

imageBase=CodeBase is certainly documented to work - and it does work.

As far as I can tell imageBase=DocumentBase is also documented to work - it used to work but it doesn't appear to work anymore. Perhaps that fact is documented somewhere but I haven't seen it.

: It's the way it is documented to work
: (but don't ask me where, it's too long ago - may be some appendix of a
: readme for a patch on a bug). If you look in the Java console when
: starting a Form, you'll see it's trying to find the .jar file.

: >
: >>
: >> Using IE7 with Java Plug-in 1.5.0_12.
: >
: > That seems to be the direction - JInitiator is to disappear

: Can't wait!

We are using the Java Plug-in right now (i.e. no JInitiator).

Formsweb.cfg used to have an example section called jpi what invoked the browser's built-in Java. With IE7 that config invokes what ever Java Plug-in you have installed in the browser. I know it works with Vista, but I also know it may not work with Vista, so you need to test it with your Vista configs to be sure.

I guess there could be situations in which there would be problems, but basic Forms and Reports work just fine.

$0.10 Received on Fri Jan 23 2009 - 03:10:26 CET

Original text of this message