Re: Oracle 9.2 LDAP - Active Directory Intigration

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 12:33:49 +0100

DavidK wrote:
> Before I move forward I thought I would ask if there are any issues
> with intigrating Oracle 9.2 with Active Directory? Any good white
> papers out there?
>
> David Knollhoff

Depends on what you would like to integrate. Reading your question, and interpreting it as "Can I integrate V9.2.x of the database with AD?", the answer is a plain "No".

However, when you do mean "version 9.2 iAS" the answer is yes. But I know of no such version.

Throwing all security Oracle permits overboard, and switching to so-called 'OPS$-accounts' lets you "integrate" RDBMS logons with AD. I would not call this integration.

Be more specific.

--

Regards,
Frank van Bortel