Re: printer print out different pdf print out different

From: K. <halinacierniak_at_poczta.onet.pl>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 14:15:57 +0200

Uzytkownik "fitzjarrell_at_cox.net" <oratune_at_msn.com> napisal w wiadomosci news:9373a098-f873-4114-b361-6ebd24bc44b9_at_q35g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... On Oct 10, 2:48 am, "K." <halinaciern..._at_poczta.onet.pl> wrote:
> Uzytkownik "fitzjarr..._at_cox.net" <orat..._at_msn.com> napisal w
> wiadomoscinews:d2eba221-5c87-4993-a015-0ba9b0191918_at_a2g2000prm.googlegroups.com...
> Comments embedded.
> On Oct 9, 7:56 am, "K." <halinaciern..._at_poczta.onet.pl> wrote:
>

> > Hello!
>
> > I have a strange problem which look like this....
> > I print out the report into the screen (in Oracle Reports (Oracle 9.0))
> > and
> > then
> > I print it out on the paper (this is: into the printer).
> > I also print out the report into the screen and then I saves it into the
> > pdf
> > file.
>
> > My client told me that report printed out into the pdf file is OK, but
> > report
> > printed out into the paper & screen (this is into printer) is NOT OK.
> > I`ve checked and my client is right, because report printed out on the
> > paper
> > and screen contains different values than report printed out into the
> > pdf
> > file.
>
> > Can you tell me what problem causes?
> > Why the same report created from the form with the same parameters sent
> > from
> > form
> > into the report is different while it is saving into the PDF file and
> > while
> > it is printing out
> > on the screen and paper.
>
> Who could say? You don't provide enough information to make that
> determination.
>
> > Can you write me whether report generated on the screen and then saving
> > into
> > the pdf
> > file is analysing database data once more or it creates pdf file basing
> > on
> > the report which
> > I see on the screen without double database data analysing?
>
> My GUESS is you had to run the report twice, once for the laser
> printer and once for the pdf document. And even though the report is
> generated with the same parameters the underlying data may have
> changed between runs. Of course you don't give us that information.
> When you finally provide that piece of the puzzle an answer may be
> forthcoming.
>
> > Thank you in advance
> > HC
> > .
>
> David Fitzjarrell
>
> Hello again!
>
> It is rather impossible that underlying data may have changed between
> runs,
> because my client told me that he has got the same situation when he runs
> report twice. He added that this situation occurs randomly (not always).
> Sometimes
> report values are OK and equal both on screen report and pdf, and
> sometimes
> [...]

Youv'e been informed in another post what the likely cause of this could be:

"You may have been fooled by the Application Server Cache or Browser Cache. Either the screen/printer output or the PDF output comes from the
cache. I bet it's the PDF.
Put a date of printing (timestamp) in your report header to check that. "

I've repeated it here since you obviously missed it earlier.

David Fitzjarrell

Yes I know. I have prepared this post while Shakespear sent that post and I have noticed it just after sending mine. Time difference between my and his post was 2 minutes.

HC Received on Fri Oct 10 2008 - 14:15:57 CEST

Original text of this message