Re: printer print out different pdf print out different

From: K. <halinacierniak_at_poczta.onet.pl>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 09:48:52 +0200

Uzytkownik "fitzjarrell_at_cox.net" <oratune_at_msn.com> napisal w wiadomosci news:d2eba221-5c87-4993-a015-0ba9b0191918_at_a2g2000prm.googlegroups.com... Comments embedded.
On Oct 9, 7:56 am, "K." <halinaciern..._at_poczta.onet.pl> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have a strange problem which look like this....
> I print out the report into the screen (in Oracle Reports (Oracle 9.0))
> and
> then
> I print it out on the paper (this is: into the printer).
> I also print out the report into the screen and then I saves it into the
> pdf
> file.
>
> My client told me that report printed out into the pdf file is OK, but
> report
> printed out into the paper & screen (this is into printer) is NOT OK.
> I`ve checked and my client is right, because report printed out on the
> paper
> and screen contains different values than report printed out into the pdf
> file.
>
> Can you tell me what problem causes?
> Why the same report created from the form with the same parameters sent
> from
> form
> into the report is different while it is saving into the PDF file and
> while
> it is printing out
> on the screen and paper.

Who could say? You don't provide enough information to make that determination.

> Can you write me whether report generated on the screen and then saving
> into
> the pdf
> file is analysing database data once more or it creates pdf file basing on
> the report which
> I see on the screen without double database data analysing?

My GUESS is you had to run the report twice, once for the laser printer and once for the pdf document. And even though the report is generated with the same parameters the underlying data may have changed between runs. Of course you don't give us that information. When you finally provide that piece of the puzzle an answer may be forthcoming.

> Thank you in advance
> HC
> .

David Fitzjarrell

Hello again!

It is rather impossible that underlying data may have changed between runs, because my client told me that he has got the same situation when he runs report twice. He added that this situation occurs randomly (not always). Sometimes
report values are OK and equal both on screen report and pdf, and sometimes report values are not equal between screen report and pdf.

This example took place while running report on client database: First run:

Screen:
Account Value
XXX 1000
then PDF generating:
Account Value
XXX 2000 Second run (values are equal):

Account Value
XXX 1000
then PDF generating:
Account Value
XXX 1000 Second run (values are not equal):
Account Value
XXX 1000
then PDF generating:
Account Value
XXX 2000 Can you tell me where the problem is in?

Thank you
H.C. Received on Fri Oct 10 2008 - 09:48:52 CEST

Original text of this message