Oracle 11 beginner questions

From: Gaute <Gaute_at_nospam.nospam>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 12:38:58 +0200

Hi

[Quoted] I am used to "SQL Server 2005" and have just installed Oracle 11. I wonder how/where I can do "normal" things to find performance issues in my SELECT quereries:

  1. In "SQL Serve Profiler" I can see all my SQL queries from my program and used time per query. How do you do this in Oracle?
  2. In "SQL Server Mangement studio" I can write a query, rightclick and select "Display estimated Execution Plan" to find for example which indexes is in use. How do you do this in Oracle?

Best regards from Gaute Received on Wed Oct 01 2008 - 12:38:58 CEST

Original text of this message