Re: Application Server for 11g applications

From: yossarian <yossarian99_at_operamail.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 08:59:15 +0200

Shakespeare wrote:

>> i want to use Oracle JDeveloper 11g for a web application and i don't
>> know how to deploy without an application server of the same version
>> (oralce has released only Application Server 10g)...
>> anyone can help me

> You don't need an application server of the same version (there isn't any).
> In your case, an AS 10.1.3.x.x would probably do just fine.

Hey, the release notes don't bite :)

<<<
In this Technology Preview 4 release, direct deployment from JDeveloper is supported only to the corresponding Technology Preview 4 release of standalone OC4J. Generic Java EE Applications can be deployed to an application server using the Ant scripts or other deployment utilities provided by the server. For testing the applications you build with the Technology Preview 4 release, we recommend that you use the pre-packaged OC4J by simply running your application in JDeveloper. >>>

(http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/jdev/htdocs/11tp/readme.html#gi2)

Y. Received on Fri Aug 08 2008 - 08:59:15 CEST

Original text of this message