Re: procedures and packages in SQL*Plus

From: Maxim Demenko <mdemenko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 19:50:57 +0200

Malcolm Dew-Jones schrieb:
> Tim Slattery (Slattery_T_at_bls.gov) wrote:
> : I can enter stored procedures/functions and packages in SQL*Plus,
> : that works fine. Except when there's a syntax error someplace. Then it
> : tells me something like "Warning: Package Body created with
> : compilation errors." But it doesn't tell me WHAT the errors are! It
> : doesn't work that way with an anonymous PL/SQL block, that gives a
> : fine syntax error report.
>
> : Is there something I can set to get it to tell me what it objects to?
> : I scanned the list of SET options, tried autotrace and flagger, still
> : lost.
>
> sql> show errors
>
> If there aren't any errors then it says "No errors.", and it's cleared
> after each successful code creation, so it's useful to to simply call
> it every time.
>
> prompt creating foobar
> _at_foobar
> show error
>
> prompt creating bazbar
> _at_bazbar
> show error

Alternatively, errors can be shown for particular object

SQL> create or replace package a

   2 is
   3 a number
   4 end;
   5 /

Warning: Package created with compilation errors.

SQL> create or replace package b

   2 is
   3 b number;
   4 end;
   5 /

Package created.

SQL> sho error
No errors.
SQL> sho error package a
Errors for PACKAGE A:

LINE/COL ERROR

4/1      PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "END" when expecting one of
          the following:
          := . ( _at_ % ; not null range default character
          The symbol ";" was substituted for "END" to continue.

Best regards

Maxim Received on Fri Jul 11 2008 - 19:50:57 CEST

Original text of this message