Re: Case and icase what's the difference?

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <>
Date: 28 Jun 2008 21:36:31 -0800

Tribal ( wrote:
: Hello Frank,

: Thank you for your reply.
: icase stands for integrated computer aided software engineering (like
: you said).
: If been doing some more research on this and it looks to me that the
: differnence between CASE tools and ICASE tools is that CASE tools only
: help with making the right diagrams (like UML) and ICASE actually
: results in a working application. Is that correct?

Well I'm no big UML fan, but UML tools (depending on who/where they come from) do far more than draw diagrams. They do generate code (as far as I know), though they are generally aimed at straight oop programming, as opposed to database/schema/etc generation. Received on Sun Jun 29 2008 - 07:36:31 CEST

Original text of this message