Oracle DBA & Oracle 10g AS Admin position in Milwaukee, WI
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 08:58:02 -0700 (PDT)
Please send me your updated resume if interested in this opportunity, it is a manufacturing company.
Excellent salary + benefits
This position is Senior Oracle DBA and Oracle 10gAS administrator.
This position requires five years of experience working with Oracle as a Database Administrator in a UNIX environment as well as experience maintaining Oracle 10gAS Applications Server. A working knowledge of the UNIX operating system to include security, scripting and utility functions is also necessary. This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or closely related field. Directly related experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement
• Implement, support and administer Oracle Application Server 10gAS. • Establish physical database parameters to ensure optimal database and application performance. • Maintain Instance strategy for all enterprise business systems through their development cycle. • As a senior member of the team, mentor and provide technical and administrative guidance to the other DBA team members as needed. • Resolve day-to-day application operation issues and problems by self or software vendor support. • Work in accordance with the change control procedures to ensure compliance to IT policy and SOX. • Establish and recommend policies on system use and services. • Perform critical Patch management, Customization and Configurationmanagement and administrations of all Oracle e-business suite application and databases.
• Performance monitoring and Capacity Planning, develop recommendations and provide documentations for process improvements. • Provide emergency after hours support for mission critical apps as required. Perform upgrades / maintenance after hours as required. • Provide records and data on specific performance/availability concerns as basis for problem identification/resolution and management reporting.
• Maintain user security and overall application and database data integrity, knowledge of SSL deployment and support in an Oracle Application Server 10gAS environment.
• Participate in technical team meetings and provide updates to the world wide team as needed.
• Use helpdesk type software to manage support cases assigned. • Track all time in accordance with IT policy. • Provide regular status reporting (verbal and written). • Perform other duties as assigned.
• BS degree in Computer Science preferred. • 5+ years hands-on experience in Oracle Database Administration and good knowledge of Oracle Applications Server 10gAS. Administration on any Unix environment (AIX or Solaris environment preferred). . A solid understanding of an operating system; understands paging swapping, inter-process communications, device drivers, filesystem concepts and can use performance analysis to tune systems. • Ability to program in an administrative language (Perl, Unix shell, etc)
• Ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes. • Independent problem-solving, self-direction • Provide off-hour support as needed.
• Oracle Applications and Database Performance Tuning • Backup and Recovery
• Capacity planning
• Supporting Oracle Apps and Databases in a RAC cluster environment with load balancers preferred. Received on Fri Jun 27 2008 - 17:58:02 CEST