integrating with stored procedures using JPublisher

From: <ranganathan.natraj_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 03:31:14 -0700 (PDT)

I have requirement to integrate PL/SQL stored procedures on Oracle 10g from Java/J2EE application.

The stored procedure uses associative arrays as In, OUT parameters. The associative array uses data of PL/SQL record type. Because of this I cannot call the stored procedure direclty using JDBC. My understanding from reading on JPublisher is that , JPublisher would help out in creating the SQL scripts for - SQL types ( mapping to PL/ SQL types) + conversion functions for SQL->PL/SQL types and vice versa + wrapper stored procedures.
Also JPublisher creates wrapper java classes. This would enable passing SQL types via JDBC to the wrapper stored procedure which would then get converted to PL/SQL types and invoke the required underlying procedure.

Is the above understanding correct, specifically in relation to the fact that I have associative arrays and PL/SQL record types in stored procedure. Kindly clarify Received on Thu May 15 2008 - 12:31:14 CEST

Original text of this message