Re: oracle schema migration

From: Martijn Tonies <m.tonies_at_upscene.removethis.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 15:49:33 +0200

Hi,

> Indeed that was a bit short.
> I am trying to migrate tables from oracle 10.2 to a MSsql 2005.
> I thought oracle sql developper would do this but it migrates only from
sql
> to oracle.
> The datatypes of the source tables (from Oracle) are number,
varchar2,date)

We have created a tool that supports both Oracle Database and Microsoft SQL Server, it automatically maps between datatypes and uses the correct identifiers for each DBMS. Have a look at the Schema Migrator tool in Database Workbench, here's the documentation: http://www.upscene.com/documentation/dbw3/index.html?tools_schemamigrator.htm

Download your trial copy of Database Workbench at www.upscene.com

--
Martijn Tonies
MS SQL Server