Re: oracle schema migration

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 17:47:56 -0700

news.free.fr wrote:
> Indeed that was a bit short.
> I am trying to migrate tables from oracle 10.2 to a MSsql 2005.
> I thought oracle sql developper would do this but it migrates only from sql
> to oracle.
> The datatypes of the source tables (from Oracle) are number, varchar2,date)
>
> thanks

Again no information about relevant information such as number of tables, data types, number of rows, etc. You need to think this through. One solution does not fit all problems.

My advice given your lack of posting metrics is to suggest that you dump everything into an ASCII file and load it from files.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor