Re: to add table with primary key

From: shakespeare <>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 14:24:40 +0100

"codadilupo" <> schreef in bericht news:47c6b383$0$11543$
> wrote:
>> create sequence au_clients_seq start with 1 increment by 1
>> nomaxvalue;
>> i want that primary fey start with 0. what can do in this case?
> create sequence au_clients_seq start with 0 MINVALUE 0 increment by 1
> nomaxvalue;
> C.

This will not guarantee that your key will actually start with 0. If you insert the first record, but do not commit (rollback), 0 will be missing. Of course you can (and I guess you will) insert the first record yourself, [Quoted] but I often wonder why people use sequences and want to keep control of the values.

Shakespeare Received on Thu Feb 28 2008 - 14:24:40 CET

Original text of this message