Re: Grid Control and Target:Database page

From: Pedro Lopes <pedro.lopes_at_netvisao.pt>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 21:47:17 +0000

[Quoted] pgodfrin wrote:

> On Jan 7, 3:14 pm, Pedro Lopes <pedro.lo..._at_netvisao.pt> wrote:

>> pgodfrin wrote:
>>> Check it out - went to all targets, deleted the 'offending' listener,
>>> then the target:database page did indeed show the current listener...
>>> More testing on the way. You can say, "ok - problem solved" - but now
>>> I want to be able to have a less GUI intense way of having Grid
>>> recognize configuration changes...
>>> pg

>> You have some files under $GC_HOME/sysman that are generated when you
>> 1st start the agent. Usually, for CG to be able to recognize that kind
>> of changes you need to:
>> 1)stop agent
>> 2)delete files (ex: targets.xml)
>> 3)remove old target from GC
>> 4)emctl start agent
>> 5)emctl reload
>>

>> But as Daniel said previously, check metalink. The complete solution is
>> there :) even to remove targets manually :)
>>

>> hope it helps,
>> pedro

[Quoted] > thanks Pedro - what's $GC_HOME ? And do you have a metalink doc id? Oh
> yeah - I don't have a support contract, so I can't use metalink...
>
> :)
>
> pg

[Quoted] When you install GridControl out-of-box it will create 3 ORACLE_HOMEs. Grid Control (or OMS if you prefer)Home, Agent Home,
Database Home.

[Quoted] I just called GC_HOME to the OMS directory :P

[Quoted] If you don't have support contract It's useless to have the doc id but you can always google for it.

cheers,
p Received on Mon Jan 07 2008 - 22:47:17 CET

Original text of this message