Re: Grid Control and Target:Database page

From: Pedro Lopes <pedro.lopes_at_netvisao.pt>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 21:14:23 +0000

pgodfrin wrote:
[Quoted] > On Jan 5, 12:15 pm, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:

>> pgodfrin wrote:
>>> oops - Grid is 10.1.2.0.2 ...maybe I dont need to patch it...
>>> Maybe I can rephrase the question - how does Grid identify that a
>>> database should be using a particular listener?
>> It doesn't. These days databases dynamically register with listeners in
>> most cases. It may be looking at where the dynamic registration took place.
>> --
>> Daniel A. Morgan
>> Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
>> University of Washington
>> damor..._at_x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond)
>> Puget Sound Oracle Users Groupwww.psoug.org

> Check it out - went to all targets, deleted the 'offending' listener,
> then the target:database page did indeed show the current listener...
> More testing on the way. You can say, "ok - problem solved" - but now
> I want to be able to have a less GUI intense way of having Grid
> recognize configuration changes...
>
> pg

[Quoted] [Quoted] You have some files under $GC_HOME/sysman that are generated when you 1st start the agent. Usually, for CG to be able to recognize that kind of changes you need to:

1)stop agent
2)delete files (ex: targets.xml)
3)remove old target from GC
4)emctl start agent
5)emctl reload

[Quoted] [Quoted] But as Daniel said previously, check metalink. The complete solution is [Quoted] there :) even to remove targets manually :)

hope it helps,
pedro Received on Mon Jan 07 2008 - 22:14:23 CET

Original text of this message