Re: Automate a few steps with TOAD

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 22:27:31 -0800

AP wrote:
> Hello
> Here is what I am trying to do:
>
> I have a simple SQL string, select * from dre.tool_master
>
> I need to automate the running of this command and the creation of an
> excel or text file to a specific network folder.
>
> Not sure where to start because I have not used TOAD for anything
> other than running queries.
>
> Thanks in advance.

You may need to automate something but this isn't going to be it.

So lets start with basics ... in what version?

You are going to need to either spool the output to your local drive or use UTL_FILE. Choose wisely.

Docs are at http://tahiti.oracle.com.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor